Vidarbha farmer and farmers’ widows join Swami Ramdev’s fast
Yavatmal- June 2, 2011
After Yoga-Guru Swami Ramdev has included main issues related Indian agrarian crisis in his chapter demands other than brining black-money to India ,it has got very strong support from epicenter of Indian farm capital “ vidarbha” as thousands of farmers has declared joined indefinite fast by sitting on fast near Panchayat Bhavan of each village more over selct group 500 farmers and farm widows under farm activist group Vidarbha Janandolan Samiti will join agitation on 4th june at Ramlila Maidan New Delhi .
‘more than 2 lacs farmers committed suicide in last decade is mass genocide as result deep rotted massive corruption in Indian law maker and administrative system and vidarbha farmer are innocent victims and this is rare opportunity for us show distress and despair of vidarbha and role anti-farm policies and American MNCs who are respociable for on ging farm suicides .earlier we supported Anna hazare’s fast and we are supporting Swami Ramdev agitation’kishor tiwari is president Vidarbha Janandolan Samiti and Bebitai Bais President vidarbha farm widows association(VFWA) informed in press release .
‘If Annaji can join indefinite fast at the age of 73 then why we should not spread the message of ‘corruption free India’ ,we have decided that whole vidarbha agrarian community will join the agitation along with civil society to take issue to the final conclusion’ Tiwari added
13 points demands related agriculture and dying Indian farmer submitted by Baba Ramdev to Indian prime minister are
GM and Seeds
1. 10-year moratorium on Bt-Brinjal and all field trials and commercial release of all GM crops
2. Price regulation on Seeds
3. Every district to have a Community Controlled Seed Centre with a gene bank for traditional seeds Pesticides
4. A ban on all the 67 pesticides that have been banned in other countries but still used in India.
5. 12th Five Year Plan to have 25% of total agriculture area brought under Non-Pesticidal Management as in the CMSA in Andhra Pradesh (the NPM has been repeated in 3 places in the demand annexes)
6. A Land Conservation fund for farmers to the tune of Rs. 5000 crore to be allocated each year other farmers issues
8. A Farmers Income Commission to be setup and income guaranteed to the farmer through a Farmers Income Guarantee Act (FIGA)
9. MSP to incorporate the farmer’s contribution as a Skilled Labour and not as General Labour and the MSP be calculated after fixing at 50% higher that the Cost to Cost.
10. 24-Hr Water and Electricity Supply to be given to farmers
12. Community Grain Banks in every panchayath
11. No Agriculture Land should be acquired for non-agri purposes
12. No Land should be acquired without the permission of the Grama Sabhas
13. Repeal the Land Acquisition Act 1894, and replace it with a Comprehensive Land & Livelihood Development Act which looks into all associated aspects.
‘we are thankful to Baba Ramdev that they have given importance to these issues as it is matter of serious concern to 70% Indian rural population and this is our agitation we will fight till the end ’Tiwari added.